Car Cover w/ bungey cords stolen in daylite. What are some good mini cams? Anything--

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 04:22 AM
2nd Gear member
Default Car Cover w/ bungey cords stolen in daylite. What are some good mini cams? Anything--

Car Cover w/ bungey cords stolen in daylite. What are some good mini cams? Anything Else to deter such theft?

thankfully my 93 4th gen. 3.4 l wasn't damaged

anyone know a link where i can get mini cams?

these tweakers who live in the canyon area and there are lots of homeless regretably in san diego ca

probably took my car cover and used it as a tent or sold it for crystal meth

it came with bungey cords to fasten it against the wind

it was done anywhere from 7 am to 2 pm yesteray

I would think these mini cams are hidden, right?

I would think if they were visible they would serve more of a deterrent to the low-life attempting any harm

I mean if the police apprehend him he has probably pissed in my car cover while sleeping or sold it for meth

it doesn't mean that he has deep pockets to reimburse me

how does a person avoid this

i do have a lock that goes thru the middle of the car cover but they can rip the surrounding car cover area and still take it

this new car cover put me back 70 bucks

meaning the 30 dollar relatively new car cover and 12 dollar bungey cord was stolen yesterday, so I have spent 112 bucks in 2 weeks

how do i stop these dirty homeless tweakers?

ideally i want to prevent or deter not do anything after the fact.

thanx

Old 08-19-2016, 08:37 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

wildlife camera might work ok, takes pictures on movement.

Old 08-20-2016, 04:52 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by craby
wildlife camera might work ok, takes pictures on movement.
thanks. i decided to put my car in storage

the theft took place during the daylight it was sunny

and it had bungey cords which meant the theif too extra time to take it off

that leads me to think he didn't care who came out while it was in progress

anyone who could do something brazen and bold like that...

well i don't want to park my car there

feeling down since i will have to move to another neighborhood and moving is inherently stressful

thanx agaain

Old 08-22-2016, 12:49 PM
4th Gear Member

ebay has the old style police cams for 15.to 20 each cant beat the price they work great with 8gb card in them an cover like 18 hours of video ,wich you can reset any time so nothing is missed if you use a bigger gb card then like 16gb then you would get like 30+ hours a 32gb card would cover near a week 5 days ,in only need mine for events when I am in wierd places ,,an they want roll over unless you set them up that way ,me i just check my car before I go anywhere ,that way I would have it on video for sure cost like $60.00 for cams an cards,they cycle in like 4 minute videos ,an I also put stickers in each corner of the car saying you on camara ,for me it was after 3 hit an runs in 2 years an nothing since then ,everyone I know knows they are there too ,not a bad thing ,if one get in accident it will tell the story too weather me or the person in front of me so on mine work good in daylight an ok with the headlights on but in the cark one needs more expencive ones ,I have garage at night ,parking lots with light work ok too ,there all over ebay for 15.00 each one for front one for the back ,then I have 3 outlet plug in for 2 cams an my cell phone or gps into the power outlet one into 3 ,they 4 5 an more to,oh yes they also have seting based on movement too ,so if someone walks bye they come on motion detection setting too I like to just have them on in cycles

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 08-22-2016 at 03:31 PM.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:06 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by 95 camaro 406
ebay has the old style police cams for 15.to 20 each cant beat the price they work great with 8gb card in them an cover like 18 hours of video ,wich you can reset any time so nothing is missed if you use a bigger gb card then like 16gb then you would get like 30+ hours a 32gb card would cover near a week 5 days ,in only need mine for events when I am in wierd places ,,an they want roll over unless you set them up that way ,me i just check my car before I go anywhere ,that way I would have it on video for sure cost like $60.00 for cams an cards,they cycle in like 4 minute videos ,an I also put stickers in each corner of the car saying you on camara ,for me it was after 3 hit an runs in 2 years an nothing since then ,everyone I know knows they are there too ,not a bad thing ,if one get in accident it will tell the story too weather me or the person in front of me so on mine work good in daylight an ok with the headlights on but in the cark one needs more expencive ones ,I have garage at night ,parking lots with light work ok too ,there all over ebay for 15.00 each one for front one for the back ,then I have 3 outlet plug in for 2 cams an my cell phone or gps into the power outlet one into 3 ,they 4 5 an more to,oh yes they also have seting based on movement too ,so if someone walks bye they come on motion detection setting too I like to just have them on in cycles
thanx