Calif. Move Car 1/10 of a Mi. in 3 days or less Rule & selfish neighbors...

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 08:32 PM
2nd Gear member
Default Calif. Move Car 1/10 of a Mi. in 3 days or less Rule & selfish neighbors...

Title: Calif. Move Car 1/10 of a Mi. in 3 days or less Rule & selfish neighbors...

Neighborhood is turning to the hatfieilds and mccoys. in calif. u can park a car on street parking but have to move it 1/10 of a mile every 3 days. Some numb nutz took off my car cover and scotch taped "please don't park here," on like 1.5 of me parking my car in front of his house. To add insult to injury, he took off my bungey cords that prevent the wind from blowin the car cover off. I approached him and he said he did scotch tape to my car cover "please don't park here" but that the wind blew off the car cover. Come on! I always check to see if the bungeys are secure. My car was naked with a 1/4 rolled car cover on top of it.

I approached the homeowner who as a form of word of mouth advertising leaves his pick up truck with his business name on it. So I call his job and he's just a worker for a pool cleaning company.

Meanwhile 1 of his cars has been sitting there 6 weeks with a car cover.

Even if you own a piece of property here in Calif. that does not give a person exclusive access to public parking in front of it.

To do him a courtesy since I wanted to avoid conflict I told him I won't park there again, but don't assault my car like that, I'm not stupid I used to be a CHP officer my bungy cords didn't just fall of in the wind and wasn't putting your note on my windshield enough? You had scotch tape a friggn sign to my car cover??

He said well thats a nice car and I said yea it's an American car, a rarity on american roads.

Today, I get a red 72 hour notice and my tires chalked after having parked at another spot.

This 1st numb nuts had gotten together others in the neighborhood and called the police on day 1 where I parked my car....

The police when i just got off the phone said, yes that's a crime what they did was a waste of police resources....the call should've been made 72 hours later.

So today, I moved my car 1/10 of a mile elsewhere, put a car cover..and reported the pool cleaning guy for having the nerve to park his car for 6 weeks under a car cover and then put a "please do not park" sign on my car

I understand in other Calif. neighborhoods people put placards and stakes into their lawn "san diego neighborhoods for neighbors not visitors"

I don't live in a camper, I live in a house 7 blocks away, but where I live--it's not ideal for parking my 4th Gen.

I also called the San Diego Police and said that car that's been parked there for 6 weeks with a car cover is in violation of the 3 day rule. Wait till he gets a red 72 hour notice on that car. He'll complain well I live here!

So what, take it up with your state legislator or local lawmakker the law is what it is. When he bought the house, he didn't buy an easement which is the space of a full length car.

I called his pool company job and left a general messsage on the answering machine and I said hey I over looked the fact that you took off the car cover and I also parked elsewhere when I could've again parked in front of your house, but don't touch my car, I have dash cameras and other cameras, tell your friends not to talk to me and get in collusion to waste police resources in saying a car has been there 3 - 5 days when it's been there only 1 day. (since a bystander said there's a lot of grumpy old people in the neighborhood which isn't an excuse), there's plenty of parking elsewhere, that's why I like it and there's no broken glass on the street and no dirt.

I'm going to be parking my car there again later in a few days.

That's it, there's nothing they can do about it

I don't mean to be aggressive, but I'm assertive: they should read the California Vehicle Code and be a little realistic.

Last edited by CamBigCat; 06-24-2016 at 08:37 PM.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by CamBigCat
Title: Calif. Move Car 1/10 of a Mi. in 3 days or less Rule & selfish neighbors...

Neighborhood is turning to the hatfieilds and mccoys. in calif. u can park a car on street parking but have to move it 1/10 of a mile every 3 days. Some numb nutz took off my car cover and scotch taped "please don't park here," on like 1.5 of me parking my car in front of his house. To add insult to injury, he took off my bungey cords that prevent the wind from blowin the car cover off. I approached him and he said he did scotch tape to my car cover "please don't park here" but that the wind blew off the car cover. Come on! I always check to see if the bungeys are secure. My car was naked with a 1/4 rolled car cover on top of it.

I approached the homeowner who as a form of word of mouth advertising leaves his pick up truck with his business name on it. So I call his job and he's just a worker for a pool cleaning company.

Meanwhile 1 of his cars has been sitting there 6 weeks with a car cover.

Even if you own a piece of property here in Calif. that does not give a person exclusive access to public parking in front of it.

To do him a courtesy since I wanted to avoid conflict I told him I won't park there again, but don't assault my car like that, I'm not stupid I used to be a CHP officer my bungy cords didn't just fall of in the wind and wasn't putting your note on my windshield enough? You had scotch tape a friggn sign to my car cover??

He said well thats a nice car and I said yea it's an American car, a rarity on american roads.

Today, I get a red 72 hour notice and my tires chalked after having parked at another spot.

This 1st numb nuts had gotten together others in the neighborhood and called the police on day 1 where I parked my car....

The police when i just got off the phone said, yes that's a crime what they did was a waste of police resources....the call should've been made 72 hours later.

So today, I moved my car 1/10 of a mile elsewhere, put a car cover..and reported the pool cleaning guy for having the nerve to park his car for 6 weeks under a car cover and then put a "please do not park" sign on my car

I understand in other Calif. neighborhoods people put placards and stakes into their lawn "san diego neighborhoods for neighbors not visitors"

I don't live in a camper, I live in a house 7 blocks away, but where I live--it's not ideal for parking my 4th Gen.

I also called the San Diego Police and said that car that's been parked there for 6 weeks with a car cover is in violation of the 3 day rule. Wait till he gets a red 72 hour notice on that car. He'll complain well I live here!

So what, take it up with your state legislator or local lawmakker the law is what it is. When he bought the house, he didn't buy an easement which is the space of a full length car.

I called his pool company job and left a general messsage on the answering machine and I said hey I over looked the fact that you took off the car cover and I also parked elsewhere when I could've again parked in front of your house, but don't touch my car, I have dash cameras and other cameras, tell your friends not to talk to me and get in collusion to waste police resources in saying a car has been there 3 - 5 days when it's been there only 1 day. (since a bystander said there's a lot of grumpy old people in the neighborhood which isn't an excuse), there's plenty of parking elsewhere, that's why I like it and there's no broken glass on the street and no dirt.

I'm going to be parking my car there again later in a few days.

That's it, there's nothing they can do about it

I don't mean to be aggressive, but I'm assertive: they should read the California Vehicle Code and be a little realistic.
That's f'd up, I used to live in and around LA for the first 40 years of my life and always, except when I was 18 years old living in apartments on rosemead Blvd & Huntington Dr, picked a place to live on how safe my car would be, you can't park on your lawn, u gotta keep moving your around, real estate costs a premium, garages are too small, car ports, are not fully safe/hot Cali sun damn, I feel for you.... just watch out some jerks who might vandalise your car, or find someone close u can pay to use their parking the peace of mind is worth it, good luck

Old 06-24-2016, 09:10 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Lakerman62
That's f'd up, I used to live in and around LA for the first 40 years of my life and always, except when I was 18 years old living in apartments on rosemead Blvd & Huntington Dr, picked a place to live on how safe my car would be, you can't park on your lawn, u gotta keep moving your around, real estate costs a premium, garages are too small, car ports, are not fully safe/hot Cali sun damn, I feel for you.... just watch out some jerks who might vandalise your car, or find someone close u can pay to use their parking the peace of mind is worth it, good luck
I was almost going back to find out who it was exactly. but i calmed down. This is what are you trying to get my f'ng car towed?! moment. I mean realistically there's 3 days, but still they're getting close to the towyard boneyard. they could be a man and tell me about it, it's not like i drive a rust bucket import that's an eyesore or looks abandoned-- but that premature phone call is probably from some dumb sh_t who owns a big toyota pickup truck and wishes he had an american made sports car. Vandalism of a car or breaking and entering into it is a felony at least a year in prison. these are rich at least college educated people. I don't think they'd even think of real vandalism, but I will make a report to the vehicle abatement program about a pattern of bogus claims if I see red notices on my windshield only after a day of parking there.

Last edited by CamBigCat; 06-24-2016 at 09:12 PM.
Old 06-25-2016, 01:04 AM
2nd Gear member

Update: I called the non-emergency SDPD and waiting 2 hours on a Friday at 10 pm PST, a marked car came in on code 2 no audio. 2 local uniformed police showed up. I explained one cranky neighbor dude the bystander referred to above who interjected when I asked someone about who would give lie and tell the cops I've been there for over 3 days after only 1 day of parking? Well this bystander property owner said that there's not much parking (a lie), and he also later about an hour later when I went back said: "people have been living in this neighborhood for 50 yrs and see what happens if you park your car here again."

Then he started yelling get the f off my property and all sorts of f words. I replied how did u ever get to own a home in southern california with a mouth like that? I'm straight edge and this dude was talking in front of his 7 yr old kid. Then i left this guy to call my cop friends. When they showed up at 10 pm, I asked the cops to explain to him the 1/10 of a mile every 72 hours and not to waste police resources on a car that's been parked there only 1 day like mine was. This was the spectator that showed up when I saw the red ticket of a 72 hr notice and my cars chalked up. I told him the police are on my side I know it was u who called, take it up with your local legislators this is public parking. Dude thought he was slick. The guy who has his car parked with a car cover for 2 months in the same spot also will get a notice to move his own car at least a 1/10 of a mile like to downtown san diego and then back and he can park his car on or about the same spot. These are the slick and selfish "me-first" people in this world. At least at 10 pm when the cops knocked on his door to advise him not to vandalize my car or bother me, other neighbors saw me ambicably in the presence of police, knocking on their neighbor's door (hey like don't mess with calling the 1/10 of a mile rule with this dude when it's only been 1 day). Hey there's a new kid in town, I've been parking here for 2 months and you know I must live in or around here, don't try to get my friggin car towed (which in California means you lose your car with all the towyard expenses) or bypass the law and waste police resources. I move my Camaro every 2 days, 1.5 days the latest, and 3 days 1 a blue moon. Payback is a b_tch he kind of dented my friday weekend and he got a scary door bell ring at 10 pm when the cops showed up and rang his door bell.. LoL P.S.: I do shopping around that street and am a presence so that crime is deterred. I'm better than parking your car under a strong street light at night. The guy who had a beemer and a home in southern california who said get the f off my property must have won the lotto or his dad must have been a doctor and left him money cause he is one dumb offensive hayseed.

Last edited by CamBigCat; 06-25-2016 at 01:26 AM.
Old 06-25-2016, 02:58 PM
4th Gear Member

if you don't have Asigned parking that's how it is so no one car can take up the same.spot parking must be an issue. so that's how it is ,we do have guys need help .with other things hear at the forum

Old 06-26-2016, 01:58 AM
2nd Gear member

I don't know how dumb a person has to be to mess with an American made muscle car. I would think twice about road rage on one if I didn't own one. These cars are part and parcel of indigineous American history running moonshine in the So. East., So when they call the authorities on bogus claims on a Camaro Corvette Dodge Challenger, they should know a little old lady from Pasadena isn't going to knock on their door and say hey that was not fair mister. Don't F_ck with American muscle cars or their owners.

Old 06-26-2016, 12:59 PM
4th Gear Member

real sick people don't care what kinda car you drive I had road rage with my 3800 I just do my best to..avoid them ,the nicer the car the more ..jelous people can be too ,for me it was 3 hit an runs in 2 years I put some..cameras in my car .one infront one in back, some have 2 cams built into one there cheap now ,about 20,00 each they work great ,for night time they have better ones but mine is kept safe in my garage ,people that live in Boston or newyork ,they need off road parking ,or what they call beater cars ,there nice cars only come out on weekends ,one could not live there a week without a dent ,but with cams you can get more then without them,these days people don't care big city little towns ,I allways park way out in the lots cams on ,an the stickers that say I have cams must help to .I never keep my purple car out of sight for more then 30 minutes at most .an if you have the cams hooked to the phone ,anyone gets to close your phone beeps an you can watch from the cell phone too ,if they have blue tooth ,that's the way people are going sad but true people don't have respect not all most do but its those few rotten apples, an since putting the cams an stickers on the car nothing has happen ,i have 3 way .splitter for 2 cams an my phone the sticker in each.corner one in front one in back

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 06-26-2016 at 01:47 PM.
Old 06-28-2016, 01:26 AM
2nd Gear member

Wow...most impressive !! I really mean that. Thanks, I just now saved image for future reference. I take a lot of meds so my energy fluctuates. but this is great. Thanks, my friend and those nitros booster or fire extinguisher. God bless

Old 06-28-2016, 01:28 PM
4th Gear Member

thanks cams do help a lot an there cheap. now too,they don't lie ,they tell the truth ya working that inside thing an got some nice lighting too ,I will show you .a night pic to with pink green an blue indoor lights.show it off,the stickers were like 10 for $5.00 online .got them on the house too windows. doors

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 06-28-2016 at 01:30 PM.