94 issues please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 04:21 AM
Default 94 issues please help

Few problems if the youve experienced.any of them please give.me.some advice

From a cold start the car wont stay on unless you hold the gas pedal down takes maybe ten minutes and it still idles rough if you dont the car will shut off unless its given gas

If it sits for.another 10 minutes youd have to repeat the steps

Once it idled on its on I raised the hood and revd it by hand and heard a poppong sound like a small back fire

Transmission is leaking and doesn't feel like its slipping I dont.feel a jerk or kick goong in gear but i dont feel power as I should be I can push the pedal and the exhaust is loud but car isnt moving as fast as it should be*

I.put the car in reverse and heard a clank sound*

When I put the car into second it made like a knock from under the car like the tranny moved*

Previous owner added machined heads cold.air intake and headers*
i cleaned the tb and I put injection cleaner but it didnt help

Before I take it.to a shop I would like to hear what these symptoms sound like thanks

Old 06-11-2015, 12:40 PM
4th Gear Member

sounds like problems from the person you bought it from ,could be plugs wires ,the tranny could be the linkage or sliping ,but if it leaking ,don't know how well some of the stop leaks work ,some clucking is normal when shifting into gear,could be tranny mount ,I would bring it to reputable mechanic an have them look at it ,said in another thread it can be well worth ,to have someone take a look at it for $50.00 then know for sure ,what your dealing with ,these cars are getting older now ,an a lot of them never realy had anything done to them ,most mechcanics .can tell you what wrong in about an hour

Old 06-11-2015, 01:05 PM
4th Gear Member

Idle problem may be do the IAC. You can test it with a multi-meter. There is also a way to reset it that you can try. Number 46 and 47 on the list.
4th Gen LT1 F-Body Tech Aids

If the trans is slipping, it will act as if it's in neutral till the clutch packs grip each other, then it'll drive as it should. Where's it leaking? Front seal, real seal, trans pan?

The clanking when going into gear sounds like the trans mount. Get under it if you can and push up on the trans and see if the mount moves. Check u joints while you're under there.

Old 06-11-2015, 03:12 PM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MKCoconuts
Idle problem may be do the IAC. You can test it with a multi-meter. There is also a way to reset it that you can try. Number 46 and 47 on the list.
4th Gen LT1 F-Body Tech Aids

If the trans is slipping, it will act as if it's in neutral till the clutch packs grip each other, then it'll drive as it should. Where's it leaking? Front seal, real seal, trans pan?

The clanking when going into gear sounds like the trans mount. Get under it if you can and push up on the trans and see if the mount moves. Check u joints while you're under there.
IMO, clank or clunk when going into gear sounds more like U joints

that wonderful clunk sound when going forward and you punch the gas would be the tranny mount, or the basketball/soccer ball in the back rolling around.

Old 06-12-2015, 08:11 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

assuming this is a lt1 i would suspect the opti is not happy. how old is the opti? test fuel pressure. check 02 sensors for fouling. check plugs for fouling or old age.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:47 AM
4th Gear Member

yes all the above

Old 06-12-2015, 01:14 PM

I also have two lights on abs and a red light that looks like it has to do with coolant but the car isnt overheating

Old 06-12-2015, 01:15 PM

Can These test be done at home or do I need special tools

Old 06-12-2015, 01:20 PM

The trans doesnt feel like its slipping the car isnt a responsive as it should be or what I think it should

Old 06-12-2015, 04:46 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

one sounds like the low coolant light. check the coolant level in the radiator. good info,,, have a look here. 4th Gen LT1 F-Body Tech Aids here https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02...rt-here-38462/ and download the (1994svcman) factory service manual here https://www.mediafire.com/?40mfgeoe4ctti

Quick Reply: 94 issues please help