2001 SS production numbers.

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 03:55 PM
4th Gear Member

i was looking at only 2001 other then seeing 4 th gens in my area like mine ,i would say its more then a handful more like a few hundered ,people like there ss cars hard top 6 speeds ,my point was that the most colors for that year 2001 was pewter ,an most years it was black or red ,but that the combo of red an black are allways the most ,most of these cars wont have value for along time or in out life time ,other then some le1 cars ,an the bc4 cars the intimadator cars 97 lt4 cars have some value already ,with 5th gens being so popular now

Old 10-08-2016, 07:13 PM
Y2K
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 95 camaro 406
i was looking at only 2001 other then seeing 4 th gens in my area like mine ,i would say its more then a handful more like a few hundered ,people like there ss cars hard top 6 speeds ,my point was that the most colors for that year 2001 was pewter ,an most years it was black or red ,but that the combo of red an black are allways the most ,most of these cars wont have value for along time or in out life time ,other then some le1 cars ,an the bc4 cars the intimadator cars 97 lt4 cars have some value already ,with 5th gens being so popular now
The value depends a lot on where you are, there's lots of them back East so the price is lower, out here they are hard to find so it's a lot higher.
I paid $8000 for my car after 6 months of a painstaking search for a 6 speed LS1 SS.
Most of the cars I found for less were pretty beat and most of the decent cars were in the $8K to 10K range with over 100K miles on them.
I couldn't even find one in my area to go look at without driving over 100 miles until this one came up. It was only 65 miles away and I was in a race with another buyer to get there first so I was lucky to get it at this price with only 85K miles on the clock. I live just 45 miles from the city of Portland,Oregon a pretty good sized town and not one 1998-2002 Camaro SS six speed came up for sale that I could find in 6 months of looking. Even up in Seattle 150 miles North of me there were few to be found. There was a nice clean black ragtop with just 65K miles on it about an hour North of Seattle but he was firm on the price at $14,000!
Trust me I did my homework and took my time to find one.
Getting back to the Pewter SS six speed hard top, maybe your right but most of the cars of any color I've seen were T-tops or ragtops and given there were less than 600 Pewter 6 speeds and less than 650 Hardtops I doubt I'll ever see another just like mine especially considering how scarce they are in this area.

Old 10-08-2016, 08:13 PM
Y2K
4th Gear Member

Just did a craigslist search for pretty much all of the Pacific NW and SW Canada, only five six speed '98-'02 SS Camaros in the whole region listed and three are in the $15K price range, the rest have over 100K miles.
None are in the greater Portland area except the low mile ragtop for $15K.
portland cars & trucks "camaro ss" - craigslist

Old 10-09-2016, 12:16 PM
4th Gear Member

i know what graigs list looks like out there ,out hear theres bettter deals even .thats only couse supply an demand ,the rest of the country there alot less , have seen many z28 cars an ss cars out hear with 60k miles for $5000.00,my next car i may just traval as far as 1000 miles to buy ,or have a car shipped to me ,for less then that still ,i have seen 2013 ss with 41.000 miles sell for 15k,its about being willing to go to whatever lengths to save an get a good car ,all i can say is the average wages must be better out there ,i seen 96 z28 last year 72k the price was $2800.00 an it was clean,had i not just bought the 3800 ,i would have looked at that ,another was 2000 ss 92k $4200.00,then another was 2001 ss red the one i wish i could have grabbed up 32k miles $5500.00 with one minor fender bender ,all it needed was passenger fender ,an was fixed like new ,those can be the best deals are one that been in the minor accident ,that bring the value down big time out hear ,another one was 94 z28 37000 miles ,$3700.00,some years ago i was out there ,an seen 69 firebird great shape like 1998 ,price was $5500.00 was in beaverton,so if it were me i would not mind geting on plane ,or higher one of those companys , that check out the car an ship it to me got a friend does it all the time ,saveing thousands ,i had said before i have friend has small lot does it all the time an has drivers go pick up the cars ,also up hear auctions are a great place to get a car cheap from jersey newyork over to ohio down to fla ,for me as far as ohio i would go to get a solid one ,besides newyork road island has some great deals on 4th gens,the average cost for low miles 4th gen car to be shipped to Nh an checked by my buddies company is $500.00 to $1500.00 down to florida price depends on how far ,so that 2001 ss with 32000 miles would have cost me $6500.00 or less shipped to me ,an there reputation is on the line ,that was an ohio car 2 owner out there you could still probley have got low miles car shipped to you for $2000.00 ,saveing you $1900.00 an a lower miles car about 60k lower ,most i see are within 5 to 600 miles ,so i would drive with uhaul trailer with me,people out there probley fly ,or higher someone an still save, me an a friend of mine used to do the same thing ,an he had a company he used to check out the cars ,then i would go get the car ,or have it shipped ,never got a bad one with more then minor work was ever needed ,an allways at liqudation prices,though people that do it for a liveing every now an then take a hit ,but over all we did like 100 cars over 4 years ,sometimes 2k a week was good money ,he died an i could not keep up alone ,but still have connections ,one is to check out the company reviews that we used couse we used like 4 different ones

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 10-09-2016 at 12:48 PM.
Old 10-09-2016, 04:21 PM
Y2K
4th Gear Member

I just sold my '93 Z28 with a branded title and some paint damage etc. for $2200 and it had 222,000 miles on it if that tells ya anything about the market here. I thought about having a car shipped but didn't like the idea of buying sight unseen and no test drive. Some of us simply don't have the time to travel for a car even if willing, I've been working 65-70 hours a week so I haven't even been able to make a 200-300 mile trip on my one day off let alone 1000 miles or more. Sundays I gots to get some rest. lol
I'm no spring chicken at 60 years old so that one day off I need to pull myself back together heh heh.
I think I've had one Saturday off in the last couple three months and that was a holiday weekend I spent out on the Harley with the wife.
At any rate, I'm happy with the car for the money spent, it's in great shape and I'm done looking, now it's a few tasteful mods and I'm done with nothing left to do but take her out on nice sunny weekends and then wash and wax.

Old 10-11-2016, 12:22 PM
4th Gear Member

all that matters is if you are happy i know out there they are hard to find ,so i guess selling your 93 makes up for the extra an sounds like it owed you nothing ,they do say the cars last longer out west ,though hear as long as a car is stored properly ,like my 95 is 99.9% rust free still becouse it never seen snow an was always inside for the most part ,yes wax keeps them looking great an i do mine about 6 times a years,then i have not drove it in the rain in 2 years now ,couse i have 3800 for that an hot weather days ,but soon i keep my 95 in my garage an i store the 3800,for the next 3 to 4 month,though last years mild winter i only had it stored for 60days ,not looking like mild one this year ,i allways wait till i hear about the first major snow fall then i bring the red one down to storage ,an i am allways the first one to get it out too,so now i am geting my winter ride ready for the season,an may have to the end of november to put away the camaros sometimes december ,weather hear it hard to tell ,but we been getting temps in the 50s during the day is huge change from 80 just few weeks back

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 10-11-2016 at 12:28 PM.
Old 10-13-2016, 07:31 PM
Y2K
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 95 camaro 406
all that matters is if you are happy i know out there they are hard to find ,so i guess selling your 93 makes up for the extra an sounds like it owed you nothing ,they do say the cars last longer out west ,though hear as long as a car is stored properly ,like my 95 is 99.9% rust free still becouse it never seen snow an was always inside for the most part ,yes wax keeps them looking great an i do mine about 6 times a years,then i have not drove it in the rain in 2 years now ,couse i have 3800 for that an hot weather days ,but soon i keep my 95 in my garage an i store the 3800,for the next 3 to 4 month,though last years mild winter i only had it stored for 60days ,not looking like mild one this year ,i allways wait till i hear about the first major snow fall then i bring the red one down to storage ,an i am allways the first one to get it out too,so now i am geting my winter ride ready for the season,an may have to the end of november to put away the camaros sometimes december ,weather hear it hard to tell ,but we been getting temps in the 50s during the day is huge change from 80 just few weeks back

Same big change in the weather here, no more 80's likely at this point and just lots of rain which Western Washington is famous for so my car is tucked away in the garage with a full tank of gas and a bottle of Stabil in the gas. I live up in the mountains so we often get snow up here when down in Portland/Vancouver and the Western valleys it is usually just rain.
Cars do last longer even up here in the NW where it's wet, that's because they don't salt the roads out here. There are exceptions depending on where one lives for rust though, the East side of the Cascades mountain range is high desert and quite dry so a better climate for cars despite getting very cold in the Winter and if you live along the ocean beaches not only do you get more rain but the salt air off the ocean promotes rust especially if you park outside. I live in the West slop foothills of the Cascades just South of infamous Mt.St.Helens the killer volcano. This is the view from here on a nice day.

Old 04-13-2020, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Y2K
So I've been poking around the net and have found that they only made
636 2001 SS Camaros with the hardtop one of which is mine.
I also found that they only made 591 in silver (pewter) like mine
with a 6 speed.
So now I wonder how many were silver and had 6 speeds with a hardtop, bet not many.

Old 04-13-2020, 10:29 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Y2K
So I've been poking around the net and have found that they only made
636 2001 SS Camaros with the hardtop one of which is mine.
I also found that they only made 591 in silver (pewter) like mine
with a 6 speed.
So now I wonder how many were silver and had 6 speeds with a hardtop, bet not many.
I'm surprised nobody has posted the SLP productions totals before. It breakdowns the body style colors build numbers by SLP options and transmission. According to it, there were 61 Pewter Coupes with a 6 speed trans. Check out the attachment.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2001CamaroSS.pdf (66.3 KB, 67 views)
Old 04-13-2020, 05:52 PM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dave Peters
Cool,a twin to mine!

Quick Reply: 2001 SS production numbers.