shuts off only when stopped...but not all of the time... need some opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 09:46 PM
Default shuts off only when stopped...but not all of the time... need some opinions?

My car runs stronge...but in the last week it has began to shut off once in a while when i come to a complete stop ...there is a little bit of stumbling but its mainly a very quick shut off... not much warning. It does not shut off going down the road only at stops...Im considering the fuel pump, baffle, or converter...i dont know! has anyone experienced this?!
(just want to include that the distributor, cap and rotor, fuel filter, idle air valve, throttle position sensor, MAP sensor, air charge sensor, air filter, wires, plugs, and ignition coil have all been replaced in the last 5 months) WHAT COULD IT BE!

Old 04-14-2011, 10:03 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Sure would be a LOT easier if we had some clue of the Make, Model, Year and engine size. Your name makes me think you posted in the wrong section, this is 4th gen 93-02. No caps and rotors here.

BTW assuming its a 3rd gen it kind of sounds like a dirty or lazy IAC motor.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:10 PM
Overdrive Member

Torque converter is the first thing that comes to mind here. He didnt say if he made a full stop first or if it died shortly after you stop. IAC if it will come to a stop before dying.

Massey

Old 04-14-2011, 10:14 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

The LT1 has a cap and rotor!

Old 04-14-2011, 10:24 PM

Gorn....it is a 1992 Camaro RS... that is pretty much obvious considering my profile name includes 92rs and this is Camaro forum....im posting in all sections for all generations... Im trying to get all the info I can.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:26 PM
2nd Gear member

There's like 20 people on here that post and know stuff. They post in every section. Please only post on 3rd gen!

Old 04-14-2011, 10:46 PM

give me a break... i just joined this forum 2night...im trying to get used to it...ive got a problem just wanted some help...

Old 04-14-2011, 11:05 PM
2nd Gear member

It's just common sense to post in your generation.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:21 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by laurens92rs
Gorn....it is a 1992 Camaro RS... that is pretty much obvious considering my profile name includes 92rs and this is Camaro forum....im posting in all sections for all generations... Im trying to get all the info I can.
I still dont know if its a 305 or a 3.1. I guess I can assume its a 305 since in 92 3.1 has DIS, No cap and rotor. You really need to give all the info we have many members with old names and and amny memeber with more then one Camaro, you really can not assume anything.

Also posting the same post in different section goes against site rules and with a low post count could get you bands as a spammer.

If you read Massey post he brings up a good point. Do you get to a full stop then it dies or does is stall out as your come to a stop? Of course we don't even know if its a automatic or a stick LOL.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:29 PM

I thought i would give this site a chance... never heard of it but it seemed like a good one... but obviously its not.... you all are a bunch of ******s.... i came for just advice not an arguement. find something better to do than argue with people who have a problem and want advice about their car... you shouldve replied "i dont know" instead of giving me a hard time.... im out.. this sit SUCKSSSS

Quick Reply: shuts off only when stopped...but not all of the time... need some opinions?