1994 Camaro z28 1LE

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 10:55 PM
Default 1994 Camaro z28 1LE

hi everybody, i'm very new on the post/thread sceen so please bear with me. I recently purchased a 1994 Z28 Camaro. At the time i was only interested in the 6spd trans. The previous owner said it was a 1LE but like me knew nothing about it. I purchased the car and since have done some research only to find that it is in fact a 1LE and the only info i've been able to find out is its a very low production # car. Its not completely stock, it has an after market cam installed { pervious owner bought it with a blown head gasket so figured he'd up grade...can't blame him }, the cat's have been removed, has headers and goes like hell. I guess what im trying to find out is whats this car worth?? I also own a first gen 1969 Camaro BB car, i've had that car for 30yrs but this 4th gen stuff... i'm lost. It looks like a 4th gen, which i must add looks great but just has a very low production opption package...does that make them worth more money??
I'll stop rambling, any help with this one would be greatly appreciated...Cheers-Rick
P.S. hope i can figure out how to check this post for replies :s

Old 04-20-2016, 09:44 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

hay rwc welcome to the forum. i moved your thread to the 4th gen general section for you. i found this from 2004, i dont think value is allot more but it is worth more.

1993 brought the LT1, 6 speed and stiffer fourth gen chassis into the 1LE history. Unlike the thirdgen 1LE, the fourthgen had the same brakes as the other V8 F-bodies. The suspension was the main attraction in '93. Featuring stiffer springs at 360# linear springs up front and 130-160# progressive springs in the rear. Also included was a 21mm rear sway bar, 32mm hollow front sway bar, higher durometer control arm & panhard bushings and a solid rubber transmission mount. All '93 F-bodies with a V6 received the 275 hp LT1. Performance was the sole purpose of the 1993 1LE. These cars were sold without power accessories, T-tops or air conditioning, and aluminum drive shaft that was part of the thirdgen 1LE package is mysteriously gone in '93. Shock absorbers were DeCarbon with 1LE specific valving. 19 Camaro Z28's & only 3 Firebird Formula's were equipped with this option in 1993.

1994 & 1995 are the same as 1993 with a couple exceptions. The LT1 was converted to sequential mass air fuel injection from the batch fire speed density system used in 1993 and the rear sway bar was reduced to the 19mm bar used on all V8 F-bodies. 1995 cars sold in California were equipped with dual catalytic converters and power increased to 285 hp. In 1994 135 Camaro Z28's and no Firebird 1LE's are built! In 1995 106 Camaro Z28's and 2 Firebird 1LE's are built.

Last edited by craby; 04-20-2016 at 10:34 AM.
Old 04-20-2016, 09:47 AM
4th Gear Member

Depends on the buyer. Some may not like it because it's been modified, others won't care.

You shouldn't have really need to research to see if it was a 1LE. The RPO sticker in the glove box should say 1LE. The thing about newer cars is you can't really prove whether the car is numbers matching or not like you could with the older cars where it would have an effect on the value.

Old 04-20-2016, 02:16 PM
4th Gear Member

the copo Camaro an le1 will have some what more value one day ,but with so many older ones stiil not up there in value like 3 gens even a lot 2 gens still don't have much value.miles condition an the buyer play a role miles owners the ss le1 wich was not made for that year would be worth more ,couse there clearly marked ,alot of times its what one can see, if it does not have an le1 package like say an 02 ss does more ss badgeing like seats floor mats all that makes an le1 more appealing the? is hard top 94 6 speed 3.42 gears koin shocks lager sway bar am if one ordered the 94 le1 with AC it was tuned more for the road ,with out Ac was tuned more for the track ,but the look was the same as other z28 cars

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 04-20-2016 at 02:44 PM.
Old 04-20-2016, 02:56 PM

hey guys...thanks for the reply's... Craby, thanks for moving my post, this is the first post i have ever posted so i very new...thanks again i did see those old post's as well which is all i found when i was searching for anything on these cars...old posts...kinda like they were big in early 2000 then nothing??
And Camaro 406...first off if that is your car...very sweet looking ride, i love that hood!! and i kinda agree with you on value, as i stated i bought if for the trans and was going to part it out but i'm getting alot of flak for doing that to this car. It is a great looking car, black on black LT1, 6spd but for what i paid...maybe i should just sell... or try ...and see if it generates what its worth to me in parts. As i said the guy i bought it from had no idea about this 1LE package and nor did I so to be honest what i have in it is what the trans is worth, the rest is a bonus. I'll see if i can figure out how to post a picture... thanks again guys

Old 04-20-2016, 03:52 PM
4th Gear Member

there is also a 96 97 ss had lt4 with 335hp underated 96 ss was an is the rarest ss in #s 2400 only 97 was only 100 30th ANV cars ,those should be worth something one day ,your 3.42 gears an the minor mods make it feel a lot more powerful then stock I would say those upgrades are fine? is it hard top to couse they do in certain areas where you live plays a role ,the 6 speeds hard tops are the most sought after ,thank you I had a wreck an deisded to do 98 -02 front end conversion ,an ss clone kinda I love it 9 years now ? is there a reason you want to sell it ,posting pics you can go advanced then add attachments ,best way now is photo shop or photo buckit ,open free account load them there then paste them hear with left click leaves a bigger picture either way does so after one clicks on it

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 04-20-2016 at 04:41 PM.
Old 04-20-2016, 05:25 PM

why am i selling it?? well i have too many toys in the toy box but i found a loop hole... I just told my wife i was buying parts for another car { which was true at the time } the parts just came in the form of another car!! i was going to put the drive train into my 67 Canso SD...that would have been nice! But i'm having a change of heart and thinking i can't do that to this car... it is very cool! as far as pictures... when it come to computer stuff, photo bucket...i'm a little lost!! I tried that advanced and it asked for my URL of the image????? i can e-mail pictures but thats the best of my ability :s

Old 04-20-2016, 07:05 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

^^^ lol. me too. although i have figured out photo bucket after my daughter showed me how.

Old 04-20-2016, 08:36 PM
4th Gear Member
Default pics

hit go advanced click attachments right next to the smile face looks like paper clip, click it you will see browse click on top one try to load like one pic at a time took me a bit to get this an photo bucket

Attached Thumbnails 1994 Camaro z28 1LE-dscn0105.jpg  
Old 04-20-2016, 08:46 PM

of course!! the go too I.T. dept. the kids!! ha ha haa...i'm on that! And Gorn, thanks for chiming in...as far as the RPO codes go,i googled it and broke down what you've asked { again if i could post pictures i think i'd just post this code sticker in the glove box! ha ha.. well it does tell me its a 1LE, 5.7L LT1 and trany is MM6 6spd borg warner with a GU6 rear end 3.42. Whats with chevy and all these codes!! and were am I... in the fronzen North up in Canada, but today we enjoyed a nice 22 degree day { about 70 degrees F } { Victoria B.C.}Thanks again guys

Quick Reply: 1994 Camaro z28 1LE