1993 ~ 2002 Camaro T-top drain leak

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 06:24 PM
Default 1993 ~ 2002 Camaro T-top drain leak

Probably the T-Top drain tubes in the side panels? Cammie has some type of rear leak and my current guess it's the drain tube on the passenger side rear near the top of the window and door. I want to remove the plastic cover panel so I can take a look but concerned if I pull it the wrong way she'll snap and be hard/expensive to replace.

The problem is that the floor well behind the passenger seat (only) is getting wet from rain. I don't see any water drops on the window or any indications of water so guessing it's a cracked tube behind that plastic panel. Anyone know of images showing how that is attached or directions on how to not bust it when removing it?

Old 04-12-2015, 11:58 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

have a look at number 17 here and see if thats what it is https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02...62/#post557634

Old 04-20-2015, 07:38 AM

I won't know for sure until I address it, but this is probably be the best place to start. Though I don't see any evidence of water traveling on the interior trim. I was thinking I'd need to remove the inside panel which covers the rear speaker and locate the drainage tube.

This could be simpler. Anyway, too wet today to even think about it but I'll try to disassemble it later this week. He mentions removing the plastic trim, not sure which part he's referring to?

Old 04-20-2015, 02:27 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

ahh,,,, i dont have t tops sooo me neither. try a pm to massey, he is still active just not all the time.

Old 07-13-2015, 08:34 PM

Wow, so last post here was on 4/20? (heh heh) this new job is killing my schedule!

I finally got a better look (a few times) at the situation and can see that somehow water is coming in from the bottom near the rear of the passenger side door? First I caulked up around the inside back t-top but that didn't help, then finally got with a hose and traced the water to determine when water goes in the drain, it is supposed to come out from under the door.

The door-seal gasket is also a hollow tube which contains water from the t-top drain to below the door bottom where the water emerges from "under" the plastic door jam step cover.

The gasket/tube has a small hole in the bottom and larger one on top. Though the water will come out on both, on the drivers side it doesn't come into the cockpit but on the passenger side it bubbles through and can be bad if there is a heavy downpour. I'm hoping I might find a way to patch it without replacing a very expensive original part. There is also some water entering around the rear edge of the window but think that's relatively minor.

Old 07-15-2015, 03:06 PM
4th Gear Member
Default drain tubes

[QUOTE=JonnyCam;700485]Probably the T-Top drain tubes in the side panels? . .I wonder about t top drain tubes what do they look like I had a leak passgers side ,no matter how much water thow at it could not get it to leak ,only a certain hard driving rain coused it to happen 2 times then had back floor bourd of water ,that I got out with shop .vac ,took the trim off there could not locate the leak ,so it never has happen as I don't leave it in the rain anymore ,an a normal down. poor does not make it leak ,has to be hard driving rain ,all my seals are like new still ?? anyone ,thanks