Turn signal & horn issues - ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 05:38 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Turn signal & horn issues - ideas?

Hello all & Happy Memorial Day,

I have a 1985 Camaro IROC Z. I bought it a few years ago, when I did the factory wheel was already replaced by a Grant aftermarket, and the horn didn't work. Also, both turn signals worked but turned off too soon, any bump or slight turn of the wheel would kick them off (I think left was more sensitive to right, but I don't remember for sure).

I recently replaced the wheel with another Grant model, when I took the first one off I found that the horn button wasn't hooked up. I left it for the time being, but now I've got the whole column apart and I want to try and fix it properly. The issues is, between what I can find about stock columns & wheels versus what I have with the Grant (and what their instructions say), I'm confused on what is needed and what isn't.

First, the turn signal: I posted a picture of the cancel cam (which is obviously broken), I'm hoping that just replacing this will take care of that issue - nothing else looks to be broken or not working in the column, though I posted a couple of pictures of the switch, if anyone sees anything obvious I'd like to know.

For the horn...I have no idea what to do. I posted a picture of the "extra" stuff from the Grant kit. Here are the instructions:

http://www.grantproducts.com/files/i...524-00-01a.pdf

From another website, I found links to some other pieces from an OEM wheel that I don't have:

MODERN DAY MUSCLE - 82-89 Horn Contact Wire For 3 Spoke Style Steering Wheels

MODERN DAY MUSCLE - 82-89 Rectangle Horn Style Horn Contact Kit

If anyone knows what I need to do to get the horn working properly with the aftermarket Grant wheel, please let me know. Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails Turn signal & horn issues - ideas?-cam1.jpg   Turn signal & horn issues - ideas?-column1.jpg   Turn signal & horn issues - ideas?-column2.jpg   Turn signal & horn issues - ideas?-extra.jpg