She feels loose.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 03:18 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default She feels loose.....

Guys, its been a while and I pray they have fixed the problems the site was having a while back...

ANyways, some time ago I posted about how my Camaro gets downright scary in turns and high speeds. I put her away for the winter last night, [&o]so I can raise the front end and take a look. Here are the symptoms....When I turn at a speed higher than about 45, the car seems to lean way out and I have to fight to pull it back into the turn. All feels like front end to me. Long turns, like freeway ramps, I constantly have to pull it back into the turn, the car just doesnt feel right an almost gets out of control. I dont see any excessive tire wear, and the struts are new. Any suggestions as where to start?

Old 10-26-2008, 03:25 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: She feels loose.....

how are your bushings? balljoints? swaybar links?

Old 10-26-2008, 03:26 PM
2nd Gear member

have you tried putting the front end in the air and turn the steering wheel and see how much play there is? if there is a lot of play like that then i would have a friend turn it back and forth while you go down the line from the wheel to the wheels. then you can figure out whats going out and needs to be replaced. had to do that with my jeep

Old 10-26-2008, 03:34 PM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: irocktheIROC

how are your bushings? balljoints? swaybar links?
I dunno really. Last time I had the front off the ground I grabbed the tire at 12 and 6 and shook.....just a little movement, not nough to alarm me. Grabbed 9 and 3, no movement. Nothing is obviously broken. Would springs wear out to the point that they could cause this? I assume the frame and suspension has around 130-175K on it....

Old 10-26-2008, 03:43 PM
Overdrive Member

Springs will get fatigued. But the car would be more bouncy. Kinda that floating feeling on the highway and a bounce going over speed bumps and drive ways.

Look for bent control arms, front and rear. Look at the bushings. Check your strut mounts, top and bottom.

Old 10-26-2008, 07:34 PM
In the Staging Lanes

check your sway bar links, and llok at the frame area the gear box mounts to, may be broken and the gear box could be pulling away on turns..

Old 10-26-2008, 09:24 PM
Overdrive Member

And No hammers Scott!

[8D]

Old 10-27-2008, 03:40 PM
1st Gear Member

ham-fistis...i hope he dont have it...

Old 10-27-2008, 09:22 PM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MadMikeZ28

Springs will get fatigued. But the car would be more bouncy. Kinda that floating feeling on the highway and a bounce going over speed bumps and drive ways.

Look for bent control arms, front and rear. Look at the bushings. Check your strut mounts, top and bottom.
Its a floaty feeling, but more violent. Bumps are pretty violent in the car, they go right through me. I spent countless hours under the car fixing the tranny leak....(which eventually went away on its own!) and I never saw any glaring problems. Ill put her up in the air in the next few weeks and take another good look.

Glad they fixed the site. I missed you crotchety old bastages.

Crotchety?? You know what mean.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:15 PM
In the Staging Lanes

struts

Quick Reply: She feels loose.....