Activity Stream: Show All | New Threads | New Posts | New Pictures | Popular Threads | Lonely Threads | Vendor Threads | New Picture Comments | New Profile Comments |
Search:  
Go Back   Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum > Third Generation (1982-1992) > 82-92 General
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-18-2005, 04:20 PM
No cars in RieskeKR's garage, add now  
Default Replace Ignition Switch on a !986 Z26

I have a 1986 Camaro Z28 with Vin. H 5.0L engine and 5-speed manual transmission. Voltage is not being supplied to the A/C fuse. Therefore, I suspect it is a faulty ignition switch.

I understand the ignition switch is located on the lower part of the steering column according to my Chilton's Repair Manual. The book says the steering column must be "lowered." The adjustment is explained as turning the key counterclockwise to ACC and turning the key clockwise two dedents. All of this sounds OK.

But are there any finer detail instructions on "lowering" the steering column to gain access to the ignition switch. Comments from someone who has performed this procedure would be greatly appreciated.

Kent
Old 07-18-2005, 06:55 PM
Senior Administrator
February 2012 ROTM
May 2012 ROTM
2011 Chevrolet Camaro
My Garage

sgeers s_geers nj85z28 nj85z28
Send a message via AIM to nj85z28
Default RE: Replace Ignition Switch on a !986 Z26

its not really that easy IMO, i replaced my whole ignition system in my 89 RS, and it was a pain to get to that switch

CamaroForums

Old 07-18-2005, 06:55 PM
Activity Stream
Activity Stream: Show All | New Threads | New Posts | New Pictures | Popular Threads | Lonely Threads | Vendor Threads | New Picture Comments | New Profile Comments |
Search:  

Tags
1998, 2000, 86, 89, 98, 986, camaro, forums, ignition, ingnition, key, located, replace, replacing, ss, switch, z26