MAF Testing

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 10:50 AM
Thumbs up MAF Testing

I have two MAF, that I confirmed are not correctly calibrated for my 88 Corvette, but could be calibrated correctly for a Camaro of the same year.
I would like to have someone in the forum test these for me. I am in Maryland and will pay the shipping there and back. If you are interested in do this for me please send me a PM. Thanks in advance

Old 07-27-2014, 12:17 PM

I am in Maryland and have a 1987 5.7 Camaro TPI IROC. I can test this on my car if you are willing. I am getting the Code 33 for my MAF anyways. What part of Maryland are you in? I am in Prince Georges County.

Old 07-28-2014, 07:30 AM
Default Maf

Originally Posted by IROCU1
I am in Maryland and have a 1987 5.7 Camaro TPI IROC. I can test this on my car if you are willing. I am getting the Code 33 for my MAF anyways. What part of Maryland are you in? I am in Prince Georges County.

That works PM your mailing address and I will put one in the mail today. Could not hurt, maybe you will get lucky I don't know what your PCM threshold is. These were suppose to fit Camaro and Corvette. I have a Diacom chart that shows the Throttle output voltage at 0.58 and the airflow at 24 gpm, which is why they threw a code 33. The MAF is not bad but the calibration is set for those outputs and my PCM threshold is lower than 0.58 so the PCM see's high GPM's. The company I got them from refunded my money but did not want these back. I'm not sure what your PCM's threshold is but it is worth a try.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by IROCU1
I am in Berlin, Maryland near Ocean City