Headlight conversion

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 05:25 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Headlight conversion

Since TGO is so devoid of actual info I'll post this here. I've seen people that have converted their 3rd gen Camaro's headlights to the Chevy Celebrity and Chevy Silverado (and even some other unidentified car).

My questions are:
1. Has anyone here done either of these?
2. If anyone has done the Silverado (88-98) swap do you have pics and info (measurements and etc)?
3. *see #2 only replace Silverado with Celebrity
3. Has anyone done any other conversion that involves a single headlight lens?

Old 05-27-2008, 10:08 PM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: Headlight conversion

When I got my first Camaro I was thinking of doing a Chevy pick up head light conversion. But I saw in a magazine some real nice fitting ones in a car and it said the owner used 87 Monte Carlo LS lights. The farthest I got though was just keeping an eye open for some Monte headlights. They were only used for 2 or 3 years so are kinda rare. I will find the magazine and scan and post a pic later.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:50 PM
In the Staging Lanes

ORIGINAL: MadMikeZ28

When I got my first Camaro I was thinking of doing a Chevy pick up head light conversion. But I saw in a magazine some real nice fitting ones in a car and it said the owner used 87 Monte Carlo LS lights. The farthest I got though was just keeping an eye open for some Monte headlights. They were only used for 2 or 3 years so are kinda rare. I will find the magazine and scan and post a pic later.
These?

My problem is I'm trying to get the measurements of these lights and of our Camaro's headlight opening so I can BUY these lights and start the install.

FYI, Celebrity headlights--I think:

Old 05-28-2008, 02:41 AM
Overdrive Member

Yep the white one has the Monte Carlo LS lights. (it also has a 2000 front clip, interior, rear end and LS engine)
What year Clebrity? Do you know? If they are cheap enough I will go buy some from the aftermarket supplier. Then if they are wrong I am either stuck with them or can return and pay a restocking fee. I might even get that waived if I can get them through my brothers work.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:50 AM
1st Gear Member

That is pretty sweet. I have never seen that before.
I might have to check into this.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:47 PM
In the Staging Lanes

ORIGINAL: MadMikeZ28

Yep the white one has the Monte Carlo LS lights. (it also has a 2000 front clip, interior, rear end and LS engine)
What year Clebrity? Do you know? If they are cheap enough I will go buy some from the aftermarket supplier. Then if they are wrong I am either stuck with them or can return and pay a restocking fee. I might even get that waived if I can get them through my brothers work.
What year Monte Carlo lights are thsoe do you know? 87-89 Celebrity on those lights I believe?

Old 05-30-2008, 01:05 AM
Overdrive Member

The magazine article on the flamed car said the lights were from an 87 Monte Carlo. I had looked on ****-e-bay and seen the light listed as a Monte Carlo LS. Some Montes for that year had just the big square head light as well.
One of these days I will go back out to the wrecker and check out headlights. There are always a few Thrid gens and I can find a light off another car and see if it fits out there. I was doing this before but it was hot!

Old 05-30-2008, 01:49 PM
March 2008 ROTM

california hot? i dont think so... damn near artic over there. espically this time of year.

that does look like a sweet swap though. if you do it take LOTS of pics and let us know how it goes for ya. i might consider that myself.

Old 05-30-2008, 04:34 PM
Overdrive Member

I had gone out on one of the few hot days (3 digit) we have had this year. Plus the cars only have shade underneath them and it was filthy there!

Old 05-30-2008, 06:26 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Finding those Monte Carlo lights is near impossible. But finding some Silverado lights may be much much easier. Also, Celebrity lights are near impossible as well. I might try and take a trip out to a GM salvage yard next weekend to see if I can find any of the three vehicles in question. I'm also going to measure the stock Camaro opening to get the dimensions so I can hunt down other vehicles to see if something else will fit.

Quick Reply: Headlight conversion