newb

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 11:36 AM
Default newb

hello, i am ready to learn and build my 1981 camaro:

my father and i built a full fiberglass body, it has a 350 and a super t-10. that's all i really know. i'm in iraq right now (2nd time) and have been living in germany for the past 5 years. long story short after this deployment i'm done with the army and back home to texas to go to school for mechanical engineering. my plans for the car are a bad *** street car used for weekend/track driving. right now she needs suspension, subframe connectors and i'm thinking a simple 10 point cage. i'm here to learn and i posted in this section because the only camaros that i'm really interested in are the gen 2's! any help would be greatly appreciated. i'm thinking subframe and cage are pretty much universal, but the suspension is a different story. i was lurking around a few forums for the past 3 months or so and came across what appeared to be an amazing aftermarket company, which i have since lost without the ability of finding again. i'm probably going to go with adj leafs in the rear and a coil-over set up in the front. that and the cage/connectors and its off to the strip/dyno for base line testing. then it's gonna be getting the car streetable to pass inspection and a little bit here and there. the way i see it, i already have a nice truck and a great dd car, so i use weapon x to learn and apply all the cool **** i'm gonna learn in school. thanks for reading and thanks for all the help!

Old 08-14-2010, 01:57 PM
July 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Welcome aboard, thats a unique looking camaro you have there.

Joe

Old 08-15-2010, 03:24 AM

thanks, its the first version of the body design that will be cut off. and of course there isn't any paint on it yet. i'm going to stay with the larger wheel arches to expand the wheel base without having to tub it, but i'm gonna try to make it look much more stock. and i want to bring it quite lower. it seems like every gen 2 camaro i run accross in germany has its *** 8 feet in the air, which i imagine has something to do with drag racing which is what they're doing when i see them. either way, i hope to have a pretty kick *** camaro when i get back.

Old 08-22-2010, 01:37 AM
1st Gear Member

well x thats is a pretty different lookin camaro but its pretty bad *** man i kinda really like that body work it looks like a cross between an old late seventies road race camaro and somethin off death race its pretty awesome and i think your gonna be really happy with it when it gets done just be patient and ready to exceed your budget., and thanks for fighting for our freedoms i think i speek for everyone when i say your a hero for doing two tours so that we can have the freedoms to do what we love