67 Camaro RS

Old 07-29-2014, 08:34 PM
Default 67 Camaro RS

So brand new to these types of cars, so Im here looking to learn and to make sure I do this car right. I recently acquired a 67 RS with a 66 Corvette 427, and Rock Crusher 4 speed, and hurst speed shifter, and a 12 bolt rear. hasnt been on the road since 89, but has been ran several times a year since then up until December of 2010. What are some of the things that I need to make sure I do before I attempt to start it? Should I change all the fluids and empty the gas tank as a starter, change all the plugs? Also with thhis particular engine and the holley carb that is on the engine, there is no room for a filter on top of the carb for the hood to close. Do i need a new hood, any to recommend? I know I am asking alot of questions in one thread, Im just trying to get an idea of where to head so that I can get to work. Thank you for any and all help/advice!

Old 07-30-2014, 10:17 AM
2nd Gear member

First welcome to the site.
Sounds like a fun car!
Fresh fluids like oil, gas, antifreeze would be a good idea.
Some people will go as far as having the fuel tank drained and cleaned out but I'd at least make sure there is no water in there and have a new fuel filter ready to install. If there is any old fuel in there, get it out.
Check your brakes to make sure there is no condensation in the system, maybe have someone help you bleed them. You don't want to go for a drive and find out the brakes don't work, not good.
Spark plugs would be a good idea as well as a new cap, rotor, maybe wires, the typical tune up parts.
As for the air filter, what hood is on the car right now? You should be able to use a 15" drop based air filter with a 3" element on a big block with a stock cowl hood, but that also depends on what intake is on the motor.
Good luck with things. Post some pictures when you have time.

Search this Thread