1969 Camaro Base Rstoration and General Camaro Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 10:01 AM
Default 1969 Camaro Base Rstoration and General Camaro Questions

Hello,

First I would like to say thank you as I am new to this forum.

My background with tuning and performance is mostly honed around Japanese imports. I have done a handful of engine swaps, suspension work, performance upgrades, etc. on Hondas, Mazdas, and Nissans. I have had the occasional dip into American muscle with a '67 fastback but I remain pretty naive on the ins-and-outs of reputable companies and detailed knowledge of the subject.

Basic Summary of car:

I won't go into details but I have inherited a 1969 Camaro that is currently undergoing restoration.

Engine runs fine (327) but body is currently being restored among other things taht need to be fixed.

Suspension has been upgraded with Hotchkis components including control arms, leafs, coil-overs, and bushings

Rear differential has been replaced with a new? LSD

Discs all around

Body has been mini tubbed.

Questions to get me started:

A list of good performance companies and what category the specialize in?

I need to replace the brake booster/master cylinder, I was looking at SSBC boosters and cylinders. Anyone have input on that?

Also I would like to replace the stock exhaust manifolds with some headers. What do you guys prefer or suggest? Also fitment issues with particular styles?

My goal with car would be primarily street tuned with the occasional drive on weekends and for special occasions but also take to drag strip every now and then for bracket racing.

Basically any info/suggestions are greatly appreciated to get me up to speed.

If I think of anything else I will be sure to ask.

Thanks

CC20

Old 01-17-2016, 06:18 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

welcome to the forum. post up some pictures, photo bucket works good. open free account, download pictures, copy img code to post and picture shows. have headers coated, i used stainless and had them coated. jet hot coating.