Activity Stream: Show All | New Threads | New Posts | New Pictures | Popular Threads | Lonely Threads | Vendor Threads | New Picture Comments | New Profile Comments |
Search:  
Go Back   Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum > 1st Generation (1967-1969) > 67-69 General
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-09-2011, 06:38 PM
In the Staging Lanes
1968 Chevrolet Camaro

Default Windshield Installation

I need to install a new windshield in my 68, i know u need the clip install tool but is it really that hard to remove the chrome trim and the clips holding it in. Oem shows a roll of sealing tape to use but seem's to me the new style windshield caulking would be better. Leave it for the pro's or go for it.? . New glass $149.95 classic ind. Watcha all think !!!!
Old 11-09-2011, 07:07 PM
Banned
1972 Chevrolet Camaro

Location: Raised in Tilton NH now residing in Kings Mountain KY

You can save a few bucks and do it yourself but the other side of it is if the installer breaks the new glass it's on him. You'll have a warantee as well if it leaks.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:41 PM
2nd Gear member
No cars in dynarider33's garage, add now

I bought mine from a local auto glass company and had them install it. About $190.00 for the glass and install and like Pablo said has installer warranty. The windshield may be $150.00 from classic ind but you will have shipping. You might want to check to see if another company will install someone elses glass because they may not warrant it if they break it.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:59 AM
In the Staging Lanes
1968 Chevrolet Camaro

Default Windshield

They want $ 171.81 for shipping , total came to 325.26. Called my local glass guy , $ 110.00 installed at the house. Gotta do some more research.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:34 PM
Tech Droid
No cars in z28pete's garage, add now

Let a local shop do the whole job, but shop around for price. They come to your place and are done in about one hour. About two years ago had to replace the windshield on my Chrysler 300M (just about as big as 4th gen Camaro). Window and labor totaled $250.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:26 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner
No cars in Camaro 69's garage, add now

Hmmmm....did you check with your insurance company? I have full coverage which also includes comprehensive (fire, wind & theft). The comp., which is dirt cheap, covers windshield replacements for the deductible, which is either $50 or $100. If your car is of any value, you're a fool to not have comprehensive coverage anyway, unless you can't get it for reasons like living at ground zero in car theft central.

393 Stroker, Tunnel Ram, Dual Holley's
"I only live for today, but I'm one day behind"

Eats Rice and Poops Out Fords.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:06 PM
In the Staging Lanes
1968 Chevrolet Camaro

Default Windshield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro 69 View Post
Hmmmm....did you check with your insurance company? I have full coverage which also includes comprehensive (fire, wind & theft). The comp., which is dirt cheap, covers windshield replacements for the deductible, which is either $50 or $100. If your car is of any value, you're a fool to not have comprehensive coverage anyway, unless you can't get it for reasons like living at ground zero in car theft central.
Sorry to say my gal does not have insurance as she has not been tagged for the street since 2000. Just trying to do a little at a time to get her back roadworthy . Time for the neglect to come to an end. LOL.
Thanks Camaro 69
Old 11-16-2011, 11:17 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner
No cars in Camaro 69's garage, add now

Oh man, then you wait till it's on the street and insured, and call the insurance company a little while later about the truck that just threw the big stone at your windshield.
Not that I've ever done that though!

393 Stroker, Tunnel Ram, Dual Holley's
"I only live for today, but I'm one day behind"

Eats Rice and Poops Out Fords.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:17 PM
Activity Stream
Activity Stream: Show All | New Threads | New Posts | New Pictures | Popular Threads | Lonely Threads | Vendor Threads | New Picture Comments | New Profile Comments |
Search:  

Tags
1968, 1969, 4th, 6769, 68, 69, camaro, clips, gen, instal, install, installation, installing, placement, windshield