Activity Stream: Show All | New Threads | New Posts | New Pictures | Popular Threads | Lonely Threads | Vendor Threads | New Picture Comments | New Profile Comments |
Search:  
Go Back   Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum > 1st Generation (1967-1969) > 67-69 General
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-24-2011, 09:28 AM
1968 Chevrolet Camaro

Default Trouble removing back seat on 68 Camaro

Hi Everyone,
I'm a newbie and I recently became the proud owner of a 68 Camaro Coupe. There are no rear seat belts and the guy I bought it from says he doesn't remember if they were taken our or just shoved underneath when he had the seats re-upholstered replaced several years back (he had this car 34 yrs). I searched on the forum and saw that I should be able to just push down on the front of the passenger and driver side to un-hook it from the latch and it would then slide out. I tried that and didn't work. I looked underneath the rear seat and saw where the latch meets the wiring harness and it's in there pretty tight.

Can anyone recommend how I can get that unlatched? I plan to replace the upholstery so I don't mind doing some damage to it if needed.

Thx.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:02 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner
No cars in Camaro 69's garage, add now

You need to push back hard on the seat frame (not down), then lift up when the bar on the seat frame clears the hook "latch". You'll feel the metal frame near where it meets the floor. The seat can be stubborn to release, and you may need to coax it back with a whack from your knee. The seat is latched on both sides.

393 Stroker, Tunnel Ram, Dual Holley's
"I only live for today, but I'm one day behind"

Eats Rice and Poops Out Fords.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:10 AM
1968 Chevrolet Camaro

Thanks Camaro 69! I will try that this evening.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:10 AM
Activity Stream
Activity Stream: Show All | New Threads | New Posts | New Pictures | Popular Threads | Lonely Threads | Vendor Threads | New Picture Comments | New Profile Comments |
Search:  

Tags
1968, 2010, 68, back, cage, camaro, chevy, forums, frames, generation, pictures, rear, removing, seat, seats