Activity Stream: Show All | New Threads | New Posts | New Pictures | Popular Threads | Lonely Threads | Vendor Threads | New Picture Comments | New Profile Comments |
Search:  
Go Back   Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum > 1st Generation (1967-1969) > 67-69 General
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-26-2011, 09:39 AM
In the Staging Lanes
1967 Chevrolet Camaro

Default Seat Belt

Did the 1967 Camaro come with a lap belt? My car does not have one. Also, what are the laws in regards to this? If I get pulled over, can I get a ticket for not have a seat belt?
Old 04-26-2011, 12:00 PM
June 2010 ROTM
Ride of the Year 2010
ROTM Winner's Club
1955 Chevrolet Bel Air
My Garage

Dalton Carter CAMAROBOY68SS

yes all factory camaros came with lap belts. it was an option to get shoulder straps but laps were factory. the law in oregon is if the car had belts from the factory you have to wear them or you will be fined. but if the car did not come from the factoy with them you dont have to have them. its best to go to ur local dmv or police station to ask about the laws.

1968 RS/SS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRwADEv2Nac

1998 SS - slp lid, hurst shifter, gmmg cat back, strut brace, ls6 intake, air/egr delete
Mods coming - long tubes catted ypipe, gm hot cam, tune, subframe connectors, sway bars.

“the winner ain't the one with the fastest car its the one who refuses to lose”-Dale Earnhardt
Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built. - Henry Ford

"Miss Taboo" Project
http://camaroforums.com/forum/projec...s-taboo-66506/
Old 04-26-2011, 01:29 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner
No cars in Camaro 69's garage, add now

minex, you should be able to easily google the law info for your state. Illinois here has a "click it or ticket" law, and cops can and will pull you over for having no belts on. The old law used to be they could only give you a ticket for no belts if they pulled you over for something else, then you'd get a two-fer.

393 Stroker, Tunnel Ram, Dual Holley's
"I only live for today, but I'm one day behind"

Eats Rice and Poops Out Fords.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:40 PM
In the Staging Lanes
1967 Chevrolet Camaro

Yeah, I'll have to check that out, though I wonder how the "click it or ticket" campaign works in a car like mine. Its not like you can see the lap belt from outside the car and I'm sure they can't force me to get a full out seat belt. For some reason, I thought the '67s did not come with a lap belt or even required by law. The previous owner must have pulled them out of my car. I'm going to have to be honest here too -- I don't want a seat belt or a lap belt.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:40 PM
Activity Stream
Activity Stream: Show All | New Threads | New Posts | New Pictures | Popular Threads | Lonely Threads | Vendor Threads | New Picture Comments | New Profile Comments |
Search:  

Tags
1967, 1969, 68, adding, belt, belts, camaro, camaros, chevy, generation, lap, point, seat, seatbelt, shoulder, year