Custom Windshield Installation???

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 08:44 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Custom Windshield Installation???

I am getting ready to install my windows and was wowndering if there is a product out there to to replace the chrome trim with some type of rubber gasket. I dont need the gasket to seal the windows I just dont want to use the chrome trim.

Old 06-11-2012, 04:53 AM
2nd Gear member

Yes there is, used this link: Camaro Parts | 1967-1969 | 1967-69 COUPE FLUSH MOUNT WINDSHIELD SET OE STYLE WITH GREEN TINTED REAR GLASS | Classic Industries

it comes in green or tinted glass and also clear glass.

It's not cheap though!

Old 06-14-2012, 11:12 AM

Very clean look. I may consider this.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:20 AM
2nd Gear member

Not cheap but it is neat looking.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:46 AM
2nd Gear member

It's the only product that I've seen where you can get the antenna in the windshield.

Currently, I don't have an antenna... but I don't have a radio either lol! I'll probably install the antenna in the trunk somewhere when I get a radio. I hope it will work because I shaved the antenna because I didn't like the way it looked. Anyway, I looked for about a week for a windshield with an integrated antenna and couldn't find one.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:52 AM
2nd Gear member

Hey Stovebolts....

You hang out on Team Camaro or YB?

I've seen that picture of your Camaro somewhere else before and you know, once you get about 40.....5, your memory starts to go....

Old 06-14-2012, 11:55 AM
2nd Gear member

Hi Bruce,
Ha, yeah I know about that memory slipping lol!

I hang out at The Michigan FBody Association - The Front Page and Christian Forums

Old 06-14-2012, 12:03 PM
2nd Gear member

Cool sites....

You need to tell the Christian site to get a motorsports section...LOL

Our pastor is into cars big time and so are his kids, they love my car and I plan to run our church's name on the rear window with one circumstance, he comes down to the track with me on the first run and he bless's the car before I go down.
I told him this and he got the biggest laugh out of that, but he said he would.....LOL

Old 06-14-2012, 07:16 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Ya I already saw that but there has to be some type of glue on rubber seal that goes on my existing glass that just covers the edge of the glass to the body.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:21 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by JustinA
Ya I already saw that but there has to be some type of glue on rubber seal that goes on my existing glass that just covers the edge of the glass to the body.
I have a 2000 gmc and the front windshield sits in a rubber gasket that has a flange that sounds about like what your trying to do. I'm thinking your looking for something like that for your camaro, or at least a rubber flange that would take the place of your chrome right?

I don't know anyone who makes that kind of a seal and if you can't find anyone, why don't you call the company above and see if they will just sell you the seals they use for their glass? If not that, I don't know if you could get creative by going to the junk yard and seeing if you could take the rubber gasket / flange from a front windshield like my 2000 gmc and taylor it to your camaro.

Good luck and let us know if can find anything. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Bruce,
They have a small automotive forum, but I'm about the only hot rodder on the site.

Quick Reply: Custom Windshield Installation???