Color opinion please

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 11:08 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Color opinion please

Well this is what I decided on, or as close to it as I can come, less the RS/SS stuff. Don't hate me, I just LOVE this car. Now I need to come as close as possible to this color, which is proving hard to do. When you add the metallic to the Madeira Maroon it comes out almost a candy apple, which is not what I'm going for. I want the color to be true to the Madeira Maroon, but with the metallic version that was available on the Vettes.

Hey all, first post. I'm going to pay for my 67 Camaro next week. It's owned by a very good car restoration shop. I'm going to, among other things, have it painted. He estimates it was last painted (the original butternut yellow color) in the 80's. I want the car to look like it (should have) when it left the factory. The only non-stock option I would have on the exterior is time-period correct rims and as large a tire as would fit with a rolled fender and likely a mini-tub.

It will have a reproduction Z/28 2" cowl hood and rear spoiler installed. I will also have the nose stripe installed, as my first real car was a '67 with the nose stripe, and I always loved it.

My struggle is to keep the same color, or to have it painted my favorite color (maroon, the color of my first '67) As I said, I want a stock look, stock color with larger tires.

I'd appreciate opinions.

This is what I'd anticipate it to look like, stock color. Not sure about the vinyl roof, opinions on the vinyl roof?

This is what my first '67 looked like, not this nice of course as I was a teenager. I was considering this color, with the nose strip as-is, plus the Z/28 hood and spoiler.

Thoughts appreciated.

Last edited by Coach62; 12-05-2016 at 07:23 PM.
Old 11-11-2016, 11:17 PM
2nd Gear member

Its your car .Do what you want.

Old 11-12-2016, 05:42 AM
2nd Gear member

since you asked, I never liked yellow or a vinyl top
I would go with the maroon

Old 11-12-2016, 06:21 AM
4th Gear Member

Good luck with her and enjoy the ride.
Paint the color you want and let the next owner worry about originality.
This way you will have no regrets.

Old 11-12-2016, 10:37 AM
Y2K
4th Gear Member

Ha Ha Ha,opinions are like A-holes,everbody has one lol.
Do it up how you like it that's all that maters,I always liked a couple different themes on 1st gen cars and found Hugger Orange with white Z28 stripes hard to beat,that or or blue with either black or white stripes.
I can't even make up my own mind let alone yours .

Old 11-13-2016, 02:35 PM
4th Gear Member
Default yes i would

Originally Posted by Coach62
Hey all, first post. I'm going to pay for my 67 Camaro next week. It's owned by a very good car restoration shop. I'm going to, among other things, have it painted. He estimates it was last painted (the original butternut yellow color) in the 80's. I want the car to look like it (should have) when it left the factory. The only non-stock option I would have on the exterior is time-period correct rims and as large a tire as would fit with a rolled fender and likely a mini-tub.

It will have a reproduction Z/28 2" cowl hood and rear spoiler installed. I will also have the nose stripe installed, as my first real car was a '67 with the nose stripe, and I always loved it.

My struggle is to keep the same color, or to have it painted my favorite color (maroon, the color of my first '67) As I said, I want a stock look, stock color with larger tires.

I'd appreciate opinions.

This is what I'd anticipate it to look like, stock color. Not sure about the vinyl roof, opinions on the vinyl roof?

This is what my first '67 looked like, not this nice of course as I was a teenager. I was considering this color, with the nose strip as-is, plus the Z/28 hood and spoiler.

Thoughts appreciated.
i would go with a metalic maroon an no Vinyl ,seen few of them that color pop

Old 11-13-2016, 03:37 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

If you plan on keeping the car, make it the color you want. If the car had the original paint job and it was still nice, then I'd say leave it alone.

Old 12-05-2016, 05:41 PM

Maroon, no viynl top. IMO

Old 12-05-2016, 06:16 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Radjack
Maroon, no viynl top. IMO
That's the plan, Metallic Maroon. I'll post a pic of what I want it to look like.

Old 12-05-2016, 06:18 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Camaro 69
If you plan on keeping the car, make it the color you want. If the car had the original paint job and it was still nice, then I'd say leave it alone.
If the paint job were in good shape, or original, I would leave it stock. It has a "fair at best" paint job, most likely from the 80's. It's a good amateur to fair at best pro quality paint job.

Quick Reply: Color opinion please