Activity Stream: Show All | New Threads | New Posts | New Pictures | Popular Threads | Lonely Threads | Vendor Threads | New Picture Comments | New Profile Comments |
Search:  
Go Back   Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum > 1st Generation (1967-1969) > 67-69 General
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-19-2012, 07:08 PM
In the Staging Lanes
1968 Chevrolet Camaro

Default Back seat removal

Does anyone know the steps to remove the rear seat in a 68 ?
Thanks in advance
Old 01-19-2012, 07:12 PM
June 2010 ROTM
Ride of the Year 2010
ROTM Winner's Club
1955 Chevrolet Bel Air
My Garage

Dalton Carter CAMAROBOY68SS

the bottom comes out first u lift up on it then out. I know that for sure i think the back you push up on it and it slides up then out. i dont think there is any bolts? ive only had the bottom out of mine.

1968 RS/SS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRwADEv2Nac

1998 SS - slp lid, hurst shifter, gmmg cat back, strut brace, ls6 intake, air/egr delete
Mods coming - long tubes catted ypipe, gm hot cam, tune, subframe connectors, sway bars.

“the winner ain't the one with the fastest car its the one who refuses to lose”-Dale Earnhardt
Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built. - Henry Ford

"Miss Taboo" Project
http://camaroforums.com/forum/projec...s-taboo-66506/
Old 01-19-2012, 07:58 PM
In the Staging Lanes
No cars in arocars's garage, add now

The bottom cushion comes out first. You have to push the front of the bottom cushion down slightly and then backwards, toward the trunk. Pushing the lower cushion usually requires a good amount of force. You really have to get in the car, on the hump, facing the rear of the car and push back on the lower cushion with one hand on each side. You feel the the bottom of the seat frame clear the two brackets that hold it down. Then lift up. If you cleared the bottom brackets correctly, it is easy to pull the seat up. Once the bottom cushion is out, look at the bottom of the top cushion. There is a tab, a thin piece of metal, that extends from the floor that passes thru a slot at the bottom of the top cushion's frame. This tab is usually bent over. Simply straighten it out, then pull the bottom of the top cushion toward the front of the car. Only enough to clear the tab, then lift the cushion straight up.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:12 PM
In the Staging Lanes
1968 Chevrolet Camaro

Default back seat

Thanks guy's , i will check it out ! In the staging lane WOO/HOO !!!

Last edited by Chevynutz; 01-20-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:40 AM
2nd Gear member
1968 Chevrolet Camaro

Yeah, sometimes getting the back seat out can be very frustrating! The seat is secured by two hooks that the wire frame of the seat "snap" into. I'm only a buck fifty, so I push the front seats as far forward as they will go and then on the lower portion of the backseat, right behind (and center) of the front seat I'll push down and away to get the seat unhooked from it's hook.

If you get a light, you can see where the seat hooks into the body. Makes it easier to know what your unhooking! Sometimes they pop right out and other times they just want to be stuborn.. but they always seem to come out easier than they go back in lol!

Good luck!

Check out my garage http://camaroforums.com/forum/garage...toveBolts.html
Old 01-22-2012, 07:19 PM
December 2012 Ride of the Month
ROTM Winner's Club
1968 Chevrolet Camaro

Back seat is a pain, it is so much easier if you pull the front seats out first. (only 4 bolts each) this gives you more room. if you feel around on both sides you can feel the clip the spring/wire catches on. at this point, I just gave the seat a good kneeing at this point and pulled up at same time. then do same on other side. simple this way, others like tools and hammer but the kneeing works great.

Pics of my 68 camaro
Old 01-22-2012, 07:19 PM
Activity Stream
Activity Stream: Show All | New Threads | New Posts | New Pictures | Popular Threads | Lonely Threads | Vendor Threads | New Picture Comments | New Profile Comments |
Search:  

Tags
2010, 2011, 2012, 68, back, backseat, bottoms, camaro, forum, rear, removal, removing, rs, sear, seat