2010+ V6 Tech discuss modifications to the all new 3.6L v6 here.

BIG Problem...Need advice ASAP Guys!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 09:01 PM
Default BIG Problem...Need advice ASAP Guys!!

Hey guys, so I have encountered one hell of a problem and need your help and advice. Four months ago I purchased a 2010 Camaro V6 6 speed and have been very satisfied up until a week ago. Last week, I was cruising down the road and all of the sudden the motor shut off. Not one indicator light popped up on the dash notifying any problems. The car was towed to the dealer and I was told that with 8100 miles, my brand new motor has seized. The service manager called me blaming me for not putting oil in the motor. After a battle on the phone he finally checked the oil level himself, and the oil level was at optimal level. He proceeded to check for any noticable oil leaks in the engine bay, and it was impeccably clean. The managers advice was to take my problem to General Motors.

I filed a complaint with General Motors and received a phone call by an angry representative and was told that it was my fault. The rep blamed me for not putting oil in the engine and told me that I was liable for a 6800 dollar bill to replace this brand new motor. I asked to speak with the manager, and was told the exact same thing. This occurred on once again, after I second file of complaint.

So here I stand, with a 30 thousand dollar MINT condition Yellow paper weight in my driveway. I have been shut down on TWO occassions by General Motors and my local Chevrolet dealership. The car has 8k miles and it is BONE STOCK! What should I do guys? Why am I getting shut down by GM? I need this issue to be public...PLEASE HELP!

Old 07-13-2010, 10:04 PM
Tech Droid

Report it to the Better Business Bureau, and if that does not work get a lawyer.

Old 08-21-2010, 11:26 PM
In the Staging Lanes

WTF, the BBB is a bad joke.Start at your state's attorney generals office & try to find a trail of unhappy consumers from that dealer.Take your own oil sample & find out if you have an Engineering college in your area.New York has R.P.I. Mass. has M.I.T. Oil/ engine degredation isn't rocket science. As Much as I have an attitude about attorney's , your local A.B.A. has a free placing service. Don't ever back down !!! westmassk

Old 08-25-2010, 10:00 PM
Overdrive Member

With 8k mi. on the car, please tell me you checked the oil multiple times between purchase and now and added as necessary?!

Did you change the oil at 3k mi. since previous oil change or when the Engine Oil Life System indicates, as the Owners Manual states?
http://content.gmownercenter.yahoo.c...aro_owners.pdf

Also: "Notice: If you use your vehicle for competitive driving, the engine may use more oil than it would with normal use. Low oil levels can damage the engine. Be sure to check the oil level often during competitive driving and keep the level at or near the upper mark that shows the proper operating range on the engine oil dipstick."

Last edited by libertyforall1776; 08-25-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:55 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

call up the local news agency and tell them the story. there playin any new auto problems right now. agree with the guys get a suit/lawyer on your side then go to the local law enforcement, bbb, state attorney, heck,,, ford, dodge, toyota maybe they will honor the warranty. be a great stunt for em.

Old 02-12-2011, 10:11 AM

I see this hasnt been commented on in a while. Just wondering if you have gotten anything yet? THAT IS INSANE... but thats the problem with warranty's they will always try to screw you on it...

Old 07-12-2012, 11:36 PM

Yeah whats the word?

Old 07-13-2012, 12:45 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

The word is WTF posted this thread 2 years ago to vent, and hasn't logged back on here since that very day.
Guess he wasn't all that interested in getting advice after all. This is a dead thread.

Old 07-18-2012, 05:59 PM
In the Staging Lanes

yeah, i think he was a troll anyway (probably works PR for FOrd or toyota) , an engine is not going to blow up at 8,000 miles unless the owner blew it up, and if GM insisted that the engine ran low on oil, then they were probaly right.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:21 PM
Super Scooch
January 2009 ROTM

that or he set it on fire to try and collect the insurance money, got caught and is serving 8-10 for arson and insurance fraud.

Quick Reply: BIG Problem...Need advice ASAP Guys!!