5th Gen Camaro ZERO SPACE Subwoofer Enclosures

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 11:23 PM
Default 5th Gen Camaro ZERO SPACE Subwoofer Enclosures

There are some really nice "ZERO SPACE" subwooferenclosures on Ebay for a great price usually between $40 to $90 depending onthe model. The best thing, is that they are designed not to take up what littletrunk space our Camaros have, hence the name "ZERO SPACE". Theysimply replce your spare tire cover in your trunk and fit in the spare tirewell of any Gen 5 Camaro (even convertibles) using the spare tire well as asealed subwoofer enclosure. Note: for 6 cylinders models you will have toremove the spare tire for 8 cylinder models, there is no spare tire to removeanyway. The car battery is in the trunk of the 8 cylinder models and is not aproblem, the subwoofer(s) and even amps and capacitors can fit right around thebattery, making installation a snap. There is some minor prep work required toform a good seal around the box. Everything you need comes included with thepurchase and prep time only takes about 20 minutes even if you not car genius.It is pretty simple. I have one in my ZL1 with one 12" 1000 Watt sub &amp and it sounds great. Good bass, and very few rattles. I spent about 2minutes adjusting the height screws on my trunk lid and putting a little foamcushion behind my license plate and pretty well took care of all the rattles.There are several different models available for single 12", dual12", single 10", or dual 10" subwoofers. Any of these models areavailable with or without a carbon fiber finish. Since mine only has a single12" sub I had enough room on the bottom side of the board to mount myamplifier and capacitor which made for a really clean troublefree install, i.e.no wires out in the open to get damaged and no trunk space lost whatsoever! Ihave a speaker grille over the sub so using my trunk for storage doesn't do anydamage to the sub, I highly recommend this. Unless I'm showing it off, Iusually lay the factory trunk mat over the top to further prevent damagebecuase I tend to use my trunk alot. I don't notice any difference in soundfrom inside the car with the mat over it. It sounds really good, more thanenough bass and best of all I didn't have to sacrifice my trunk just to havesome better sound! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!!

Attached Thumbnails 5th Gen Camaro ZERO SPACE Subwoofer Enclosures-20151211_230126.jpg   5th Gen Camaro ZERO SPACE Subwoofer Enclosures-20151206_225732.jpg   5th Gen Camaro ZERO SPACE Subwoofer Enclosures-20151017_184148.jpg   5th Gen Camaro ZERO SPACE Subwoofer Enclosures-20151017_184643.jpg   5th Gen Camaro ZERO SPACE Subwoofer Enclosures-20160914_014713.jpg  

5th Gen Camaro ZERO SPACE Subwoofer Enclosures-20151022_233810a.jpg  
Old 09-17-2019, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by CamaroJL55
There are some really nice "ZERO SPACE" subwooferenclosures on Ebay for a great price usually between $40 to $90 depending onthe model. The best thing, is that they are designed not to take up what littletrunk space our Camaros have, hence the name "ZERO SPACE". Theysimply replce your spare tire cover in your trunk and fit in the spare tirewell of any Gen 5 Camaro (even convertibles) using the spare tire well as asealed subwoofer enclosure. Note: for 6 cylinders models you will have toremove the spare tire for 8 cylinder models, there is no spare tire to removeanyway. The car battery is in the trunk of the 8 cylinder models and is not aproblem, the subwoofer(s) and even amps and capacitors can fit right around thebattery, making installation a snap. There is some minor prep work required toform a good seal around the box. Everything you need comes included with thepurchase and prep time only takes about 20 minutes even if you not car genius.It is pretty simple. I have one in my ZL1 with one 12" 1000 Watt sub &amp and it sounds great. Good bass, and very few rattles. I spent about 2minutes adjusting the height screws on my trunk lid and putting a little foamcushion behind my license plate and pretty well took care of all the rattles.There are several different models available for single 12", dual12", single 10", or dual 10" subwoofers. Any of these models areavailable with or without a carbon fiber finish. Since mine only has a single12" sub I had enough room on the bottom side of the board to mount myamplifier and capacitor which made for a really clean troublefree install, i.e.no wires out in the open to get damaged and no trunk space lost whatsoever! Ihave a speaker grille over the sub so using my trunk for storage doesn't do anydamage to the sub, I highly recommend this. Unless I'm showing it off, Iusually lay the factory trunk mat over the top to further prevent damagebecuase I tend to use my trunk alot. I don't notice any difference in soundfrom inside the car with the mat over it. It sounds really good, more thanenough bass and best of all I didn't have to sacrifice my trunk just to havesome better sound! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!!

Sorry to bring this this from the dead but do you know the company who made these covers? I searched all over but had no luck. Looking to set mine up like yours.