2010+ General
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Camaro Camber kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 07:50 AM
Default 2010 Camaro Camber kit

I am wondering what the best front end camber kit is for my 2010 SS Camaro.
I recently had an alignment because i noticed excessive wear on the inside of my tires on the front. They told me that is was in spec. and was not adjustable from the factory. The back is wearing ok but front is not. I am more concerned about tire wear than performance in curves. Anyone done this and do you have any advice on doing it.

Old 06-18-2015, 05:50 AM

Hi, I just joined the forum, I hope the lack of response to your question is not because this is an inactive forum but rather, no one knows the answer.

I can't help with advice on camber kits, however, I can help with alignment advice:

First, get the alignment sheet from whomever did the aligpnment. You need to know your before and after numbers, it is critical to keep a close watch on the numbers. For the most part, negative camber should not cause inner tire wear until it reaches -1.5 degrees or more. Even at -1.5, it should be manageable. The MOST COMMON reason for inner tire wear is too much toe-out. And, as the car is driven down the road, toe-out increases slightly due to normal wear of the suspension and steering components. Therefore, the tech would be using the Mercedes pressor bar method, or simply put each hand on the front of the two front wheels at the same time and push out. This simulates what happens on the road, then set the toe. Also, a slight additional toe-in setting will help compensate for negative camber, if needed. A good alignment tech, which you may have to shop around for, will be able to look at the tires, look at the cars's alignment settings, and determine how much toe in might be needed.

Bottom line, you need to know your alignment numbers before and after.